Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter is over

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
And blessed Ostara to my Northern Hemisphere pagan friends, happy Mabon to the Southerners. Enjoy the equinox celebrations everyone and Blessed Be one and All!

So, Easter has come and gone for another year - this was the first year Lily really understood what was going on. They had lots of easter activities at daycare last week, so she's been talking about the easter bunny ever since LOL and was very excited that he would visit her with treats and choccies if she was a good girl. And she was a very good girl - I've never seen her so well-behaved LMAO - straight to bed with no dramas, no extra toilet trips, no sneaking into our room to hide down beside the bed! Woohoo! Now, if only we could bribe her with chocolate every night.....

We made a 'nest' the night before, with baby blankets, just like Russ and I used to as kids - so the easter bunny would know where to put Lily's treats when he came. She sat in it til bedtime, pretending to be a bird HAHA! She was so cute in the morning when she found her little pile of choccies in there :D She said, "Look Mummy, choccy for me! I'm so happy!" LOL she's such a funny little thing. We just had to let her have a little choccy egg before brekky - Easter's not easter unless you get to dig in as soon as you awake! We also had soft-boiled eggs for brekky and have decided to make this our little Easter family tradition. We had also planned on having an egg-hunt in the yard, but Lily vomited all over our bed around lunchtime, so we held off til the next day for that! I doubt it was chocolate which caused her to be sick though, as she had only had 2 small eggs by then - more like the 1/2 hour of jumping madly on our bed beforehand!

It was really lovely to have Matt home for the whole long weekend - this was his first full Easter weekend off for as long as we've been together. We couldn't afford to go anywhere, but we had a nice time together at home. Lily has had lots of Daddy-time, she's his little shadow when he's home and misses him terribly when he's at work. We played soccer and volleyball in the backyard - Lily and Mojo both joined in, which made for an interesting time, wrestling the balls back from them LOL Kids and dogs can be so possessive! LOL Matt and I ended up pretty puffed after countless jumps over the fence to retrieve them too - we'll neither of us make a world-class volleyball or soccer player! hehehe It was heaps of fun though. Lily also enjoyed her little easter egg hunt in the garden today.

It's almost time to start thinking about Lily's birthday! Can't believe she will be 3 in just 3 months time, where does the time go? Not sure yet if we'll have a birthday party - we're a bit poor for feeding a tribe at the moment. It would be nice to go to a park and have a sausage sizzle with her little daycare buddies though - so perhaps we'll do something simple like that. Will keep everyone posted on that.

Anyway, that's our easter update for y'all. We hope you all had a lovely weekend too, and send lots of love and hugs to you all,

love from Lily, Matt and Suze

5 comments:

Tafkam said...

Aww glad Lily had a momentous Easter morning LOL. I can just imagine her excitement! I've decided it's not a good idea to have chicky lying around to eat for days on end, so I'm stuffing mine down asap. Not that there was very much this year THANK GOODNESS!

Tafkam said...

LOL! "chicky" OMFG.....PMSL..... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH. I meant chocky.

Tafkam said...

OMG I wasn't going to leave a comment, was just reading the others, (both of which were mine but I'd forgotten) but GUESS WHAT the word verification letters I have to put in? ifukbf . No kidding. Disgraceful!

Anonymous said...

just checking comments, as some are having trouble posting theirs... hmmm... where to now?

Anonymous said...

UPDATE, woman!
Mum