Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ah yes, update time

Thanks for the reminder Jan!

Ok, so things have been going really well! We had an ultrasound last week which put us at a couple of weeks further along than we thought, closer to the original date we were given - due date is now November 26th, we are 14 weeks along now. Here is a pic of the bub in utero at 13 weeks gestation:


You can see their little hand up in front of their face in this one. The ultrasound was wonderful, getting to see and hear the heartbeat, and the sonographer was the loveliest lady. Bub was very active, doing somersaults, wriggling around and generally having a ball in front of the 'camera' *lol*

The morning sickness became really bad for a couple of weeks there, but thankfully has eased a little again now. Still having it (all day, all night, whenever it bloody well feels like it! grrr), but at least I feel fine in between times now, instead of that constant, awful queasiness. Hoping it goes away soon.

I am growing by the day - this is a real growth period for bubba - and I am quickly outgrowing all my pants. I'm sad that I can no longer wear my fave jeans from before I had Lily... was so proud to get back into those! My belly is pushing all my shirts out now too, so it's becoming fairly obvious that I'm pregnant, not just plump *lol* at least to those who know my usual gangly self.

Here's a pic of the belly from a couple of weeks ago - I'm a little bigger now:





So, everything is coming along just fine. I have my first ante-natal appointment at the Mater Mother's Hospital in a couple of weeks, where I will meet one of the team of midwives who will monitor me through the pregnancy as well as assisting with the birth. Mind you, their job should be fairly easy when it comes to that, as I'm fairly convinced I will opt for a planned C-section this time around. I feel I've done my bit for womanity *lol* and have nothing to prove by putting myself through that again ... as I said to my GP, I would rather go through the recovery of a c-section and the pain in my abdomen, than all that tearing and pain in my womanly bits again. As I feel it had a big part to play in my post natal depression last time, I'll do anything to avoid those triggers again. I know it's not an "easier" option, just a different one, and I'm sure glad I have the choice. I just hope the midwives I see aren't too gung-ho about natural births... I really don't think there's anything that can convince me to change my mind about this ... but I guess time may tell.

Anyway, there you go folks, that's about it for now. Things are plodding along normally and that's a good thing. We are very excited but haven't decided on any names just yet. We will find out what we're having at the 18-20 week ultrasound, so those who don't want to know better not read this blog ;)

Thanks for reading everyone!

3 comments:

Taiche said...

Ahhh look at that yummy belly... I want to see a pick every month..lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like the wee one is a contortionist Suze!! :) At least you're pregnant through your winter so that's a blessing. Supposed to be a scorcher of a summer here.
Take care, hugs to all & bright blessings.

Jan (Canada)

Tafkam said...

That's my grandbaby in there!
/me pisses herself laughing at scorching summers in Canada....(sorry Jan! Didn't mean it!)
Did I mention that that is my grandbaby?