Friday, April 25, 2008

Up the Duff

Ok, well I haven't mentioned it too much here at the blog yet, so here's the announcement ..... yep, I'm PREGNANT!

A few people have asked for updates, so here tis, the nitty gritty:

I am 8 weeks along today, due on December 5th, 08. I had a few early bleeds, mainly spotting, but one scary one with lots of cramps and me panicking. The doc put a rush job on an early ultrasound, which has shown that all is just fine and bub's heartrate is 150BPM - just right for this stage. Turns out we were about 3 weeks behind what we first thought.... thought we might have been due right around my birthday for a few minutes there.
My next u/s is on May 21st, which should put me at about 12 weeks along.

All is going well, but damn the morning sickness is getting worse!! How can it be? And this morning, I took the advice of some friends and family, and munched on a ginger bikkie before doing anything else... which worked for, oh, about 1/2 an hour, then BANG... lucky I was near the loo anyway, cos I nearly didn't make it as it was, ye gods! Today was the first morning I've had more than just extreme queasiness.... and it was explosive! No more eating before I really start to feel better for me. I have been eating breakfast for once in my life, which should shock the bejebus out of my mum LOL Not til around 10am though, anytime before that and I just can't get it down :(

My belly is definitely popping out already, and has that special round 'tautness' to it that is certainly pregnancy and not just that I've eaten too much LOL Speaking of which, I AM eating like a horse some days, in between bouts of severe nausea that is grrrr... probably end up 20kgs overweight like I did after having Lily at this rate.

Ummm, what else? Oh yeah, my boozies are already spilling out of my bras, up at least 2 cup sizes I'd say. I am covered in hormonal zits. I haven't been able to have a cup of coffee for about a month now *sob!* I have taken a sudden liking to BBQ sauce (which I have always hated). I am constantly exhausted... you mums would know what I mean, it's not the usual, run-of-the-mill tired, oh no, it's like drag your feet, prop open the lids with toothpicks, have another cuppa tea (a very poor substitute for my usual arvo coffee fix, I might add) and pray for Matt to finish work early kinda tired. My patience is at an all-time low with poor Lily, and I must say, she's being very naughty lately too, just to add to my chagrin LOL Probably picking up on my terribly cranky vibes - or it could be those terrible 2s everyone told me about. I was convinced Lil was one of those 'special' kids who skipped the terrible part, but nooooo, how wrong I was! LOL Just took her til nearly 3 to get around to the tanties and deliberate naughty stuff GRRRR! If only she would have more than one daytime nap per week - then we might both be in better moods.

So there you have it, for those who asked - the nitty gritty. Will keep you all updated as things progress. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Taiche said...

Oh Suze you poor love!! its like dejavu reading your post about morning sickness, I actually had a queasy moment reading it... ooohhhh the memories, my heart is bleeding for you right now!!
And I really get the 3 yr old thing with Lily, I thought Taegan was an angel child at 2.. NO ONE told me about 3!!!! goddang!!!
I hope it doesn't last too long for you chickalah!! xoxo

Suze said...

LOL babe, you don't know how much that makes me feel better to hear it about Taegs. Cos she is such a little wonder kid now she's grown up a bit, gives me some hope for my lil devil child! LOL

Anonymous said...

No NO! She's NOT a devil child! OH man I wish I had more video of you at her age to see what a chip offa the old block she is, HAHAHAHA. You staked your claim on "devil child" a long time ago...
It's just that you're all so intelligent, see......
Mummy

Anonymous said...

"Up the Duff" is such a lovely phrase.....

Anonymous said...

Ok Suze...it's been over a month since you posted anything.
Enquiring minds want to know :)

Jan (Canada)