Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Preggy update

Today we had our 18-20wk ultrasound and we discovered we are having a baby BOY! We are thrilled with the news and Lily is so excited to be expecting a new baby brother. The look on her face when we told her was just priceless! :)

The scan went really well. Bub is weighing in at a healthy 300 grams and all his measurements put him at 20 weeks, 1 day along. Halfway there! He very willingly jiggled his 'dangly bits' in our direction so we could clearly see that he is a little boy :) Proud of his manhood already haha!

The scan did show up a very swollen kidney (on Mum, not Bub), so he took a closer look for stones, as I had one last year. No stones to be seen, thank goodness, but I have to get it checked to ensure the swelling isn't caused by something more than the pregnancy. Apparently a certain amount of swelling is considered normal and safe, and I am already close to exceeding that normal level. With the pain I've had, I'll look into it a bit more thoroughly now.

Otherwise, all looks great. I have more energy now and almost no nausea anymore. My belly is huge already (by my standards) and I am into maternity jeans arrgh! I wonder if I'll ever wear my pre-preg jeans again? I've put on loads of weight but am eating well in between the junk LOL I even played soccer with Lily yesterday, got myself all puffed out too ha!

Anyway, need to lump my bumpy body into bed now, lest I get too tired to heave my bulk over my body pillow and into the bed! :) Yes I could get in and then place the body pillow beside me, but then I have to fuss around getting it back under the doona and that always strains my poor belly muscles and gives me a stitch! LOL Falling apart here ;) j/k

I'll update with the new ultrasound pics when I have scanned them. Note to self: no laminating this lot! We ruined the last lot trying to do that, silly buggers we are.

2 comments:

Tafkam said...

HAHAHA the pics are cute! Little Punxsta! I can't comment in the slideshow because I don't have a Picassa account (afaik anyway). I have TOOOOO many accounts.

Anonymous said...

Finally getting around to checking out yours & your Mom's blog.
CONGRATS on it being a boy Suz. Now you & Matt can knock off having sex *lol* with one of each.
Hope all is well & hugs.
Bright blessings!

Jan (Canada)